Kvass is a wonderfully healthy fermented beverage that I have been trying my HARDEST to like! It’s so good for you, but it’s often made with beets….and beets taste like dirt! Beets are the only food that I really have to force myself to eat.
So, I thought I was never going to be able to enjoy the health benefits of kvass. That is until my Mom made Raspberry Kvass! Yes! Thanks, mom. Here is how she made it…
- 1 cup raspberries
- Filtered water (enough to fill jar)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 ginger slices
1. Place the fruit, honey, and ginger into a quart jar.
2. Add enough water to fill 1 inch from the top of the jar.
3. You have to leave headroom to allow the pressure to build.
4. There’s no need to stir, just tightly cover the jar and give it a shake 2 or 3 times a day.
5. Once it starts bubbling, burp the jar every once in a while to release the pressure and retighten lid.
6. It should start bubbling in 24 hours and will be ready to drink in 2 days or so when there is lots of bubbling.
7. When it’s ready, strain out and discard the fruit.
8. Keep Raspberry Kvass refrigerated for up to one week.